MOPS offers the industry’s most comprehensive coverages & benefits
When trouble strikes, it’s easy to put MOPS to work for you. And you won’t have to worry about hidden fees because MOPS pays license defense legal costs related to your covered claim. Whether you are a Blue Water Officer, Brown Water officer, Great Lakes Officer/Pilot, Passenger Vessel Officer, Federal or State Pilot, MOPS offers these coverages and benefits:
> Click here for coverage descriptions
- License Defense — Fully paid legal representation and defense by experienced maritime attorneys if you are involved in a shipping incident that leads to action against your marine license(s). There are no co-insurance clauses and no hidden deductibles.
- Professional Instruments and Equipment — Loss or damage to listed and approved professional instruments and equipment while you serve aboard your vessel.
- Foreign Port — Approved attorney fees and expenses if you are ordered to attend, either as a party or witness, any inquiry of a foreign court concerning a shipping casualty or incident involving your vessel.
- Loss of Income — Income compensation at the verifiable amount of salary you choose to insure – plus daily subsistence payments for up to 12 months if your license is revoked, suspended or reduced in grade resulting from a covered shipping incident.
- Civil Legal Defense — Paid legal defense if a civil lawsuit is brought against or served upon you in any court within the United States, its territories or a foreign court resulting from a covered shipping casualty or incident involving your vessel.
- Civil/Professional Liability (Ask About Our Reduced Rates) — Professional liability coverage for additional defense costs and/or judgments in civil court proceedings resulting from a covered shipping casualty or incident.
- Civil Penalties Legal Defense — Paid legal defense if you are assessed a civil penalty by the U.S.C.G. or any other entity authorized to impose a civil penalty or fine resulting from a shipping incident involving your vessel.
- Criminal Acts Defense — Paid legal defense if you are charged criminally in connection with a marine casualty that results in allegations or charges related to federal (OPA-90) and/or state water pollution laws and/or regulations.
Request an Individual Quote
For an expedited quote, contact MOPS by phone at 800-782-8902, ext. 3608 or 3302. (Click here for a GROUP quote)